"UNABLE TO CONTACT" POLICY
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure all contact information is correct on their registration. If incorrectly entered at registration or changed after the registration was submitted, the student must notify KD Motorcycle Training of the changed contact information.
There are times when KDMT must communicate important class information, updates or changes. KDMT will make every attempt to contact the student via email & phone listed on the registration form. However, if KDMT-MKE is unable to contact the student, KDMT is not responsible for any outcomes or actions taken by the student based on incorrect or outdated information, nor is the student owed any refunds or financial adjustments as a result of the student not being able to be contacted.
"COUNSEL OUT" & "OPT OUT" POLICY
It the goal of KD Motorcycle Training to provide each student the best training experience possible, and to that end, each Rider Coach will work with each student based on their needs. Our goal is to create a low-risk, positive learning space for everyone. Participant safety is always our highest priority!
In some situations, however, a student exhibits riding tendencies that result in an unsafe and risky environment not only to the given student but to the other students. In such cases, the student can opt out of the course at anytime. Opting out is a respected option as it shows the student is self-assessing their riding skills. It is not a failure … it may just not “be your day”, or you may need to just take a break and regroup. If the student does not recognize he/she is riding unsafely, the Rider Coach reserves the discretion to “counsel out” the student and end the training session.
If the student wishes to “retake” the class, KDMT will work with the student to determine the best retake option. Note that one of the options is no additional training, if the RiderCoach and KDMT determine the student’s riding risk is too great.
There is no refund of any monies if a student opts out or is counseled out.
If you fail the course the first time, retests are free at KD Motorcycle Training!
That said, there are a number of next step options available, and these options depend on progress in the initial course. The Rider Coach will make an assessment of the student’s progress and discuss this assessment with the student; ideally the discussion results in a common understanding of the student’s overall skill progress and the best next step(s). The Rider Coach will make his/her assessment with the best interest of the student in mind.
Note that any retake option requires a minimum 48-hour delay between the end of the original class and the retake; also, the classroom portion is not required for a retake.
Retests are free, whereas exercise redo’s may cost an additional nominal fee. Retake options include:
- Skills Test Only (free)
- Practice Exercise (#14) + Skills Test (free)
- Day 2 Range + Skills Test ($85)
- Full 2-day range + Skills Test ($125)
- Discontinue Training – In some cases, the best option is for the student to discontinue class
"NO SHOW" POLICY
If a student does not show without proper and timely notification, the student forfeits their spot in their class and any registration fees.
KD Motorcycle Training will normally not reschedule a “no show” student. However, if circumstances were out of the students control and a slot is available in a future class, KDMT may reschedule the student in that future class. This reschedule is based on KDMT’s sole judgement and there is no obligation by KDMT to allocate a space in a future class.
If a student is a no-show with proper notice, see either the “Retake Policy” or the “Cancellation” Policy, depending on the outcome desired.
If a student wants to cancel their registration, fees are refundable based the following schedule of what the student’s class dates are:
- => 2 weeks: 50%
- => 1 weeks to <2 weeks: 25%
- < 1 weeks: 0%
KD Motorcycle Training appreciates you as a customer. If we can reschedule you to another class, we’ll use your existing payment for the rescheduled class. See the “Reschedule” Policy for rescheduling details. If no future class is available, the above refund schedule applies.
Rescheduling to another class is permitted if certain criteria are met and there is an available spot in a future class:
- Proper notification to KDMT-MKE is provided 1 week or more prior to your first classroom or range activity.
- Proper notification to KDMT-MKE is provide at least 1 day prior to your classroom or range activity if there is an emergency impacting the student’s ability to attend. KDMT is the sole decider on whether the student’s situation classifies as an “emergency”, and if requested by KDMT, the student must provide proof of said emergency.
- Proper notification is provide at least 1 day prior to your first classroom or range activity, and there is someone on the waiting list willing and able to fill your spot. If KDMT is unable to fill the vacated spot, the student’s absence will be considered a “cancellation”.
If the above are not met or the absence is deemed a “cancellation”, see the “Cancellation” Policy.
“Proper Notification” means a text message or phone call, with appropriate and relevant details, to the contact phone number found on the “Contact Us” page. If >1 week from class, an email is acceptable.
"WAITING LIST" POLICY
KDMT maintains a Waiting List of students that either (1) requested a reschedule from a prior class, (2) want to take an earlier class if a slot opens up, or (3) that need to retake a portion of the class. Because of the nature of how and when slots become available, timing may be very short between when a given slot becomes available and when KDMT-MKE sends a notification of the open slot.
When needing to fill an open spot from the waiting list, KDMT will follow this process:
- If an immediate response is not needed to fill the spot…
- KDMT will notify students on the waiting list via text msg in date-listed order
- After 30 min, KDMT will contact contact the next person on the list
- KDMT will continue to contact people on the waiting list until someone replies, regardless of when contacted
- If an immediate response is required, KDMT-MKE will send a broadcast text to everyone on the waiting list, and the first respondent will be awarded the open slot.
Depending on where the Rider Coach is at the time of the slot opening up, the above process may be adjusted to account for Rider Coach location and available technology.
KDMT-MKE takes every precaution to limit opportunities for Covid exposure. At each class, desks and commonly used items are sanitized, and students spaced out. We also adhere to the CDC’s guidance to reduce the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19. Considerations include:
- If you or someone you live with show symptoms of COVID-19, you should not attend class. COVID-19 symptoms as defined by CDC’s guide include cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion, runny nose, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting.
- If symptomatic, do not come to class. The Rider Coach and/or instructor will not allow you to participate.
- If non-symptomatic, do not come to class if you or someone you live with tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
- You must inform the training site of your situation as soon as possible.
- If disallowed to participate due to Covid (proof required), KDMT will work with you to reschedule you to another class.
Other control measures:
- Consider wearing a mask in the classroom; outside on the range, a mask is optional but suggested if not able to social distance
- Wash hands frequently when possible
- Use hand sanitizer frequently
- Maintain an appropriate physical distance
- Use your own riding equipment to limit contact to shared equipment
You, the student, have a significant part in you and others staying healthy. Please take any/all precautions necessary to protect yourself and others.